When any of the following conditions is met, restoration of the Chinese nationality is approved: foreigners or stateless persons who have settled in Shenzhen, complied with the Constitution and laws of China and have ever had the Chinese nationality.
1. Application: The applicant applies to the Entry-Exit Administration Hall of Shenzhen Municipal Public Security Bureau and submits the application materials.
2. Acceptance: The acceptance personnel will verify the application materials and make an acceptance decision within five business days. If the applicant meets the application requirements and has submitted complete and valid application materials in standard format, the acceptance personnel should accept the application and issue a "Receipt of Acceptance". Otherwise, the acceptance personnel should reject the application and issue a Notification for Application Rejection. If the applicant's materials do not meet the requirements but can be corrected on the spot, the acceptance personnel can accept the application after relevant materials are corrected.
3. Review: After the application is accepted, the reviewers will review the materials and submit the preliminary review opinions together with the application materials to Guangdong Provincial Public Security Department for review and approval within 20 business days.
4. Review and approval: Within 30 business days, Guangdong Provincial Public Security Department will review the application again and submit the review opinions to the Ministry of Public Security for approval. After Guangdong Provincial Public Security Department has approved the application, the Ministry of Public Security will make a decision on approval and issuance. (The specific time for approval by the Ministry of Public Security will be subject to the actual review and approval time.)
5. Conclusion: If the approval conditions are met, the Ministry of Public Security shall issue the Certificate of Restoring the Nationality of the People's Republic of China (the specific time shall be subject to the review and approval time of the Ministry of Public Security) affixed with the seal of the implementing authority. If the application is rejected, a "Decision on Rejection" will be issued. If it is found that the materials need to be corrected during review, the applicant shall be required to make corrections on the spot and a Notice of Correction of Application Materials shall be issued. The application will be reviewed after the applicant has made corrections according to the requirements. If the application is approved, the Certificate of Restoring the Nationality of the People's Republic of China will be issued.
6. Certificate service: The applicant shall go to Exit-Entry Service Hall of the Shenzhen Municipal Administration Service Hall (4016 Jiefang Road, Luohu District) to collect the certificate. Or, the certificate is mailed to the specified address.
Consultation and Supervision Information
Address of the complaint service counter: Exit-Entry Service Hall of the Shenzhen Municipal Administration Service Hall, No.4016, Jiefang Road, Luohu District, Shenzhen. (深圳市罗湖区解放路4016号深圳市行政服务大厅出入境服务厅)
Tel: (86-755) 84465490
Inquiry website: http://www.gdzwfw.gov.cn/portal/consult/inquire
Complaint website: http://www.gdzwfw.gov.cn/portal/consult/complain
Handling at Service Counter
General service counters, Exit-Entry Service Hall of the Shenzhen Municipal Administration Service Hall
Tel: (86-755) 84465490
Add: General service counters, Exit-Entry Service Hall of the Shenzhen Municipal Administration Service Hall, 4016 Jiefang Road, Luohu District, Shenzhen (深圳市罗湖区解放路4016号深圳市行政服务大厅出入境服务厅综合窗口)
Office hours: Monday to Friday: 9:00-12:00 and 14:00 to18:00 (excluding statutory holidays)
Transportation: Near Shenzhen Book Mall (Diwang Building). Subway: Dajuyuan Station of the Luobao Line or Shekou Line
(1) 50 yuan per person for nationality application fee;
(2) 200 yuan per person for acquiring, restoring or renouncing the Chinese nationality.
(Note: The text above is a translation of the Chinese version for reference only. In case of any discrepancy between the two versions, the original published Chinese version shall prevail.)