Visa application guide for foreigners coming to Shenzhen for commercial and trade activities (M Visa)
1. Who should apply
Foreigners intending to come to Shenzhen for commercial and trade activities.
2. How to apply
The applicant must visit the designated public security organ in person for material submission and an interview. If the applicant falls into one of the following categories, his/her inviting agency can apply for a visa for him/her:
(1) The applicant is 60 years of age or above and has mobility problems due to reasons such as illness;
(2) The applicant is not visiting China for the first time, and he/she has no negative records during his/her previous stays in China;
(3) The inviting agency is covering the expenditures for the applicant’s stay in China.
For applications submitted by inviting agencies, the public security organ reserves the right to meet and interview applicants when needed.
3. What to submit
(1) A completed Visa/Stay Permit/Residence Permit Application Form (外国人签证证件申请表) stamped by the inviting agency and signed by the applicant with a 35x49mm ID photo of blue background glued to the form.
(2) A valid Receipt of China Visa Photographs for Foreigners in Guangdong Province (广东省外国人签证数字相片采集检测回执) signed by the applicant.
(3) A letter of guarantee (申请签证证件的证明（担保）函件) provided by the inviting agency in Shenzhen (a template can be found at http://ga.sz.gov.cn//WSBS/BGXZ/CRJ).
(4) A valid passport or other official papers for international travel, the visa for the current stay, and a copy of the entry passport stamp for the current stay (note: please mark the stamp with an arrow).
(5) A valid Registration Form of Temporary Residence (境外人员临时住宿登记表).
(6) A photocopy of the first page of the Foreign-related Unit Record Book (涉外单位备案本).
(7) For any inviting agency that is an individual, the applicant should provide photocopies of the inviting agency’s ID card and Shenzhen hukou or residence permit signed by the inviting agency. (In this case the applicant can only apply for an M Visa extension.)
(8) Other papers the public security organ may deem necessary for the application.
4. Where to apply
Exit and Entry Administration Department of the Public Security Bureau of Shenzhen Municipality
Add: 4016 Jiefang Road, Luohu District, Shenzhen (深圳市罗湖区解放路4016号)
5. Processing time
Processing takes seven working days from acceptance. Cases for which further investigation is deemed necessary may take longer.
(1) Please make an appointment online for your application. You may visit ga.sz.gov.cn, click Personal Service (个人业务), Exit and Entry Service (出入境业务), Expats (外籍人员) to find the appointment page. Alternatively, you may follow the WeChat subscription account of the Public Security Bureau of Shenzhen Municipality (深圳公安) and find the appointment page in the “Livelihood” (民生) column. Please make sure you arrive at the service hall before the appointed time.
(2) Please have both the originals and photocopies of the materials needed with you. The staffer will keep the photocopies after examining the original copies. Please use A4 size paper for photocopies and arrange the materials in the order mentioned in Section 3.
(3) If you are visiting China with a special economic zone tourist visa or a group visa, or if you are permitted to enter China without a visa, your visa and residence permit application of any type will not be accepted, except for a force majeure reason.
(4) Any certificate issued by a foreign agency should be certified by a Chinese embassy or consulate and translated by a qualified translation agency. You should provide the original certificate, the translated version, and a photocopy of the translation agency’s business license.
(5) According to the Nationality Law of the People’s Republic of China, China does not recognize dual nationality. If you have obtained a foreign citizenship, you will need to renounce your Chinese citizenship before you can apply for a Chinese visa, stay permit or residence permit. Please note that you may be required to submit proof of citizenship renunciation.
(6) According to Article 21 of the Exit and Entry Administration Law of the People’s Republic of China, the visa issuing office reserves the right to refuse issuing a visa to any applicant without giving an explanation.
(7) Any foreigner residing in China without a valid visa or having committed an illegal act shall be punished by the public security organ in accordance with the law.
(8) For more detailed information or inquiry about application results, please visit the service hall of the Exit and Entry Administration Department of the Public Security Bureau of Shenzhen Municipality or call 84465490.