1. Main duties
(1) Implement national, provincial, and municipal laws, regulations, and policies on port affairs. Draft local laws and regulations, formulate development plans and policies, and organize their implementation after approval.
(2) Apply for the approval of opening or closing Class 1 and 2 checkpoints and organize the implementation.
(3) Coordinate integrated customs clearance at checkpoints, and cooperate in promoting the reform of inspection methods and regulation modes.
(4) Coordinate and implement customs clearance for temporary passenger ships, non-stop buses, and international flights among Shenzhen, Hong Kong, and Macao.
(5) Coordinate and maintain public order and safety at checkpoints, and cooperate with relevant authorities in anti-terrorism and emergency response at checkpoints.
(6) Regulate the properties at land checkpoints and special economic zone management line checkpoints to ensure the proper use of state-owned assets.
(7) As authorized by the Municipal Government, organize Shenzhen-Hong Kong checkpoint cooperation.
(8) Undertake other tasks assigned by the Shenzhen Municipal People’s Government and superior authorities.
2. Overview of Shenzhen checkpoints
Shenzhen has 15 Class 1 checkpoints approved by the State Council to open to the outside world. Among them are seven highway checkpoints, including Luohu, Wenjindu, Huanggang, Shatoujiao, Shenzhen Bay, Futian and Liantang checkpoints; one railway checkpoint — Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong High-Speed Railway West Kowloon Station Checkpoint; six sea checkpoints, including Yantian Port, Daya Bay, Shekou, Chiwan, Mawan, and Dachan Bay checkpoints; and one air checkpoint — Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport. There are three Class 2 checkpoints approved by the Provincial Government to open to the outside world, namely Shekou loading/unloading point, Shayuchong loading/unloading point, and Liantang loading point. A landscape of sea, land and air checkpoints in comprehensive opening up has been created.
Luohu Checkpoint is a land checkpoint with the largest passenger flow in Shenzhen, ranking among the top three in the country in terms of passenger flow. Huanggang Checkpoint is a comprehensive passenger and cargo highway checkpoint that witnesses the largest number of cargo trucks crossing the border, which is also the first checkpoint in China to implement 24-hour customs clearance. Shenzhen Bay Checkpoint is the first comprehensive passenger and cargo highway checkpoint in China to operate in the mode of "two inspections in one place." Wenjindu Checkpoint is the earliest checkpoint in China to open to the outside world. Futian Checkpoint is China’s first Metro checkpoint that offers seamless connection between the mainland and Hong Kong. Yantian Port is one of China's four international deepwater ports of transshipment. Shekou Port is the first harbor checkpoint that is built, managed, and run by an enterprise with self-raised funds. Chiwan Checkpoint is the first harbor checkpoint that is built and run by a Sino-foreign joint venture port enterprise. Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport is the first airport in China that is mainly invested by local investors and is one of China's four major airports.
The number of passengers crossing Shenzhen checkpoints has exceeded 100 million for consecutive years, accounting for about 50 percent of the national total and averaging over 640,000 per day. The number of vehicles crossing the border exceeds 10 million, accounting for about 60 percent of the national total and averaging over 40,000 per day. The container throughput of harbor checkpoints ranks fourth in the world and second in China.
3. Inquiry and service
Tel: (86-755) 83394325
Fax: (86-755) 83394409
Add: Office of Port of Entry and Exit of Shenzhen Municipal People's Government, Port Command Center Building, 10 Futian Road South, Shenzhen