Main responsibilities ( “three decide” the responsibility) :
1. Formulate local regulations and rules in regard to industry and information technology. Research and put forward new industrialization development strategies, promote the integrative development of information technology with industrialization as well as the integrative development of producer services with the manufacturing industry.
2. Formulate and organize the implementation of development strategies, medium-term and long-term plans, annual plans, and policy measures in regard to industry and information technology. Put forward policy suggestions on the optimization of the industrial layout and structure. Formulate and organize the implementation of industrial and technical specifications and standards. Guide intensive quality management and safe production in regard to industry and information technology.
3. Detect and analyze the operation situation in the field of industry and information technology, release information, make predictions, give early warnings, offer information guidance, coordinate and solve major problems arising during the operation and development of the industry, and put forward policy suggestions. Lead service enterprises in special projects, cultivate large backbone enterprises, and synthesize the situation of enterprises.
4. Take responsibility for the overall planning, implementation management, and performance evaluation in terms of various special financial funds and expenditures in the field of industry and information technology.
5. Formulate and organize the implementation of special plans, and policy measures for industrial transfer and industrial park development. Research and coordinate major problems arising during the development of industrial parks and put forward policy suggestions.
6. Formulate and organize the implementation of policy measures to promote investment in fixed assets and technological transformation of enterprises in the field of industry and information technology. Plan follow-up services for major projects in the field of industry and information technology.
7. Guide the technological progress, technological innovation, technological introduction, digestion, absorption, and re-innovation, localization of major technological equipment, research and development of major technological equipment in the field of industry and information technology. Promote the industrialization of relevant scientific and research achievements.
8. Promote the development of strategic emerging industries, such as new-generation information technology, high-end equipment manufacturing, green and low-carbon development, biomedicine, digital economy, and new materials according to division of responsibilities. Formulate and organize the implementation of policy measures to promote the development of strategic emerging industries.
9. Formulate and organize the implementation of special plans, and policy measures for the comprehensive utilization of resources, promotion of cleaner production, energy conservation of the industry and information technology, and circular economy. Organize the supervision of energy conservation in regard to industry and information technology. Promote green manufacturing.
10. Formulate and organize the implementation of policy measures to promote the development of the power industry. Monitor the operation of the power industry, organize and coordinate the operation of the power economy, manage and reform the power industry in accordance with the law.
11. Formulate and organize the implementation of policy measures for the management of civil explosives, supervise and manage the safety of the production and sales of civil explosives.
12. Coordinate and promote the application of information technology in the economic field, and promote the popularization and application of new-generation information technology and the Internet. Coordinate and promote the construction of information infrastructure. Coordinate the planning and management of information network infrastructure construction. Coordinate the planning of communication pipelines, stations, and public communication networks. Promote resource sharing and interworking of service information networks. Assist to promote the construction of national, provincial, and municipal key information projects.
13. Formulate and organize the implementation of strategies, planning, and policy measures to promote the development of the big data industry. Research and formulate standards and norms for the collection, management, development and application of big data in social and economic fields. Promote innovation in the development, application, and management of big data in social and economic fields.
14. Allocate and manage radio spectrum resources. Supervise and manage radio stations in accordance with the law. Take charge of radio monitoring, testing, and interference detection. Coordinate and handle electromagnetic interference. Maintain the air wave order. Organize and implement radio control in accordance with the law.
15. Guide and coordinate the development of talent as well as international exchanges and cooperation in the field of industry and information technology. Coordinate the production and exclusive management in the tobacco industry.
16. Lead and manage the Municipal Service Bureau for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises in a unified mode.
17. Complete other tasks assigned by the CPC Shenzhen Municipal Committee, Shenzhen Municipal People’s Government and superior authorities.
18. Transformation of functions
(1) Further promote the streamlining of administration and decentralization of power. Reduce the amount ofmicro-management affairs and specific approval matters and minimize the direct allocation of market resources in the field of industry and information technology. Improve the efficiency and fairness of resource allocation, and intensify the guidance and restraint of industry and information planning policies and standards.
(2) Improve the public service management system and build a modern economic system to promote high-quality development. Formulate policies and measures to support the development of projects in the field of industry and information technology and emerging industries in related fields. Support the development ofthe real economy and create a favorable business environment.
(3) Strengthen the supervision during and afterevents. Focus on changing the administrative management mode that attaches more importance to examination and approval than supervision. Promote the relatively centralized reform of administrative examination and approval services and special financial funds. Devote more administrative resources to strengthening the post-event supervision.
19. Division of responsibilities:
(1) Division of responsibilities related to the Municipal Market Supervision and Regulation Bureau: The Municipal Industry and Information Technology Bureau takes charge of the city’s salt industry, is responsible to formulate salt industry policies, strengthen industry management, and manage industrial salt. The Municipal Market Supervision and Regulation Bureau is responsible for salt quality and safety supervision and administrative law enforcement.
(2) Division of responsibilities related to the partner assistance headquarters: Shenzhen's partner assistance headquarters for Heyuan and Shanwei lead the industrial co-construction for Heyuan and Shanwei, respectively. The Municipal Industry and Information Technology Bureau contacts provincial and district –level departments of industry and information technology, and cooperates in industrial co-construction for Heyuan and Shanwei, respectively.