1. Implement national, provincial, and municipal laws, regulations, and policies on culture, sports, arts, radio, television, cultural relics, and tourism. Draft local laws, regulations, and policies. Formulate development plans for culture, sports, and tourism industries, and organize their implementation after approval.
2. Manage the culture, sports, arts, radio, television, cultural relics, and tourism industries. Coordinate and guide the development of the cultural industry.
3. Regulate major cultural activities in Shenzhen and institutions engaged in cultural operations and art performance activities. Regulate radio and television, information networks, and programs on public audio-visual carriers, and agencies engaged in the production of radio and television programs within the scope of its authority.
4. Manage and protect cultural relics, and protect intangible cultural heritage.
5. Promote the national fitness program. Organize, guide, and supervise tasks related to athletic contests.
6. Maintain the order of the tourism market and regulate the service quality, organize and guide tourism publicity and promotion, and comprehensively coordinate tourism safety.
7. Supervise, inspect, guide, and coordinate administrative law enforcement in cultural, sports, and tourism markets.
8. Organize and carry out international exchanges and cooperation in the cultural, sports, and tourism industries.
9. Undertake other tasks assigned by the Shenzhen Municipal People’s Government and superior authorities.